Based on the directives of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, the Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz and President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi of Egypt signed an agreement in Cairo today (Cairo Declaration) aims to increase military, economic, and cultural cooperation between the two countries. The agreement calls on both countries to develop a package of executive mechanisms in the following areas:
- develop their military cooperation and work to create the joint Arab force;
- enhance the joint cooperation and investments in energy, electricity grid connection and transport areas;
- achieve economic integration between the two countries and work to make them a key focus of the world trade movement;
- intensify the Saudi and Egyptian mutual investments to launch joint projects;
- enhance the political, cultural and media cooperation between the two countries to achieve the desired objectives in the light of the common interests of the two countries and the two brotherly peoples, and meet the challenges and threats posed by the current stage;
- delimitation of the maritime boundary between the two countries.