The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia welcomes the United Nations’ report, which stressed that Iran's hostile interferences- as well as, its support to Houthi terrorist militias with advanced and dangerous missile capabilities- threatens the security and stability of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the region. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia also welcomes the US stance announced by the US Ambassador to the United Nations, as well as, the US condemnation of Iran's hostile activities that support and arm terrorist groups, including Hezbollah and Houthi terrorist militias.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia renews its condemnation of the Iranian regime for supporting its affiliated Houthi terrorist militias in:
- their aggressive and terrorist practices
- their coup against legitimacy
- their destruction of state institutions
- their brutal suppression of the brotherly Yemeni people
- their plunder of the Yemeni people's resource-s including humanitarian aid
- their seizure of oil imports to support and finance their terrorist campaign
- their threat to the security of sea lanes
- their attack on the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's territory
- their launch of ballistic missiles on populated cities with the support of Iran.
Iran's support for Houthi terrorist militias constitutes a flagrant violation of UN Security Council Resolutions No. 2216 and No. 2231, and has disrupted the political process and prolonged the crisis in Yemen.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia also condemns the Iranian regime for its flagrant violations of the international resolutions and norms, including UN Security Council Resolutions No. 1559 and No. 1701, which prohibit arming any extra-state militias in Lebanon (under Chapter VII), as well as, UN Security Council Resolutions No. 2231 and No. 2216.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia calls upon the international community to take immediate action to implement the above-mentioned UN Security Council resolutions and to hold the Iranian regime accountable for its aggressive actions. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia reiterates the need to tighten the UN Verification and Inspection Mechanism (UNVIM) to prevent smuggling.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia affirms its commitment to support the efforts of the UN Special Envoy to Yemen Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed, aimed at finding a political solution in addition to supporting all relief and humanitarian operations aimed at alleviating the suffering of the brotherly Yemeni people.