King Abdullah announces Cabinet reshuffle
December 13, 2011
The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz issued a series of royal orders today reshuffling the Cabinet and appointing several senior officials to new posts. The changes are as follows:
• Dr. Fuad bin Abdulsalam Farsi has been relieved of his post as Minister of Hajj. He will be succeeded by Dr. Bandar bin Mohammed Al-Hajjar, who will be replaced as Deputy Speaker of the Shoura (Consultative Council) by Dr. Mohammed bin Ameen Al-Jeffery.
• Khalid bin Mohammed Al-Qusaibi has been relieved of his post as Minister of Economy and Planning, to be replaced by Dr. Mohammed bin Sulaiman Al-Jasser, the Governor of the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA). Dr. Al-Jasser will be succeeded at SAMA by Dr. Fahd bin Abdullah Al-Mubarak.
• Mohammed bin Ali Al-Fayez has been relieved of his post as Minister of Civil Service. He will be replaced by Dr. Abdulrahman bin Abdullah Al-Barak, who will in turn be replaced as Assistant Speaker of the Shoura Council by Dr. Fihad bin Mu’tad bin Shafaq Al-Hamad.
• Abdullah bin Ahmed Zenel Ali Redha will depart from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry; he will be replaced by Dr. Tawfiq bin Fawzan Al-Rabiah.
• Faisal bin Abdulrahman Al-Muammar has been transferred from his post as Deputy Minister of Education to the position of Advisor to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and Secretary General of the King Abdulaziz Center for National Dialogue. His former position will be filled by Dr. Khalid bin Abdullah Al-Sabti.
• Dr. Hamad bin Mohammed Al-Asheikh has been appointed Deputy Minister of Education for Boys.
• Dr. Abdulrahman bin Mohammed Al-Ibrahim has been appointed Governor of the Saline Water Conversion Corporation.
All of the royal orders took effect immediately after their issuance.