The Interior Ministry issued a statement today naming the individual involved in Friday’s drive-by shooting at the US Consulate in Jeddah. He has been identified as Saudi citizen Muhammad bin Abdelraziq Saad Faidi Al-Ghamidi, 32.
The Ministry said that tests proved that the weapon found on Al-Ghamidi had been used in an attack on security forces in Taif.
According to Al-Ghamidi’s medical report, he had previously sought help at psychiatric clinics.
It remains unclear whether anyone else was involved in the Jeddah attack, the Ministry said.